Want to learn to kiteboard?
Then this is the course for you. Inclusive all the gear, insurance, rescue and plenty of fun!
Highest safety standards and fun guaranteed!!!
During the Level 2 course you will use all the flying knowledge you gained in Level 1, but make sure you wear a flotation vest, and keep your helmet on because in this level you are ready to get in the water. Once you complete this portion of the program you will start riding the board.
The level 3 course is the stage where all those dreams and hard work pay off, as you get to feel the board on your feet! By the end of the section you will be able to start jumping and will truly be an independent rider. Then you are off to explore the world’s different locations, water surfaces and wind strengths!
PACKAGE OFFERS & EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT!!!
Our courses follow the iko methology
IKO STUDENT CARD
For all the kite courses, we provide Official IKO Student Card, which will certify your level and is recognizable all over the world!
• Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting.
• Know hazards on a spot
• Set up a trainer kite.
• Know the use of safety systems.
• Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
• Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
• Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
• Walk and change directions while flying the kite
• Know the wind window
• Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
• Pre-flight check of equipment and settings
• In flight check of equipment and settings
• Understand and use the international communication signals
• Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
• Control the kite hooked into the harness
• Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
• Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
• Show full control of de-power systems in flight
• Pull quick release and activate leash
• Recover the bar and kite
• Self land
• Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
• Water re-launch the kite
• First body drag downwind
• Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
• Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
• Recover the kite and bar in the water
• Upwind body drag to recover board
• Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
• Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
• Know the power stroke for a water start
• Know the safety rules and theory for water start
• Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
• Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
• Come to a controlled stop
• Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
• Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
• Know the right of way rules
• Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions
• Control the riding speed by edging
• Consistent riding in both directions
• Consistent riding in all directions including upwind
• Ride amongst other riders and water users and respect right of way rules
• Change of direction without stopping
• Self- rescue and full pack-down in the water
• Risk assessment and awareness of the riding area
• Self launch
• Make a toe side turn
• Knows the theory and the safety rules for jumping.
• Land a basic jump.